Home News COVID-19: Morocco's approach TOto the world health assembly

COVID-19: Morocco’s approach TOto the world health assembly

At the 73rd session of the World Health Assembly, Health Minister Khalid Ait Taleb reviewed the measures taken by Morocco as part of its proactive approach to curb the spread of the new coronavirus Covid-19.

At the 73rd session of the World Health Assembly, Health Minister Khalid Ait Taleb reviewed the measures taken by Morocco as part of its proactive approach to curb the spread of the new coronavirus Covid-19.

“As soon as Europe was designated by the World Health Organization (WHO) as the epicenter of the pandemic, the Kingdom, under the wise leadership of HM King Mohammed VI, adopted a series of urgent precautionary and preventive measures and arrangements to curb the spread of this pandemic by giving priority to the health of citizens,” said Ait Taleb, who was speaking in a video conference at the session held virtually because of the coronavirus pandemic.

READ  Coronavirus continues its dangerous progression in Casablanca and Marrakech

The national effort to fight the pandemic, explained the minister, is based mainly on three axes, in this case health, economy and social peace, highlighting the commitment of public institutions, private sectors and civil society actors to this effort to counteract the pandemic.

READ  Coronavirus - An industrial outbreak in Casablanca increases the number of cases

The measures taken in this regard relate to the suspension of international flights, the closure of public places, the cancellation of large concentrations, the promotion of home confinement and, subsequently, compulsory health confinement and the creation of a fund dedicated to the management of the epidemic, he recalled.

With regard to the health sector, the minister said that priority had been given to consolidating basic infrastructures, strengthening health provision, creating a crisis steering committee, reinforcing health care, as well as establishing therapeutic strategies and adopting a communication plan to ensure the dissemination of daily reports on the evolution of the disease and prevention measures.

READ  Hertz in turmoil, Morocco spared

The Minister of Health indicated that the lifting of the health confinement depends on the stability of the epidemiological situation in the Kingdom. Furthermore, he considered that the success of the management of the pandemic depends on global access to diagnostic and treatment systems at reasonable prices for everyone.

Regarding the African initiative proposed by HM King Mohammed VI, the government official said that this initiative constitutes a practical framework for pooling efforts and resources through the exchange of experiences and good practices.

READ  Erg Chegaga

The minister also considered it essential to support the leadership and role of the WHO and its director-general, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, in the management of this pandemic, advocating for the commitment of all to eradicate the pandemic.

LATEST

Royal Air Maroc – workforce and fleet to be reduced

The airline company Royal Air Maroc is preparing a recovery plan that could involve more or less voluntary departures for a third...

Covid-19 – 186 new confirmed cases in Morocco, 14,565 in total

A total of 186 new cases of infection with the new coronavirus (Covid-19) have been confirmed in Morocco until Tuesday at 10:00...

Royal Air Maroc – three flights per week to each domestic destination starting next week

Domestic flights resumed on Thursday, June 25, at Casablanca's Mohammed V airport by a Royal Air Maroc (RAM) service to the city...

Coffee shops and sports halls reopen in Morocco, accelerating its deconfinement

Morocco announced on Sunday June 21 a new phase of deconfinement as from Thursday June 25 with the reopening of cafes, restaurants...
error: